The rehabilitation agent: a key figure in economic recovery
For some years now, we have been living through a moment of historic change, with technology and sustainability as the main focuses, and with the pandemic, this change is accelerating even more.

The construction sector has undoubtedly been affected by this transition, the priority focus of which is on the construction and renovation of buildings according to low energy consumption criteria. "Spain's housing stock is one of the oldest in Europe and is in urgent need of renovation," explains Xavier Roig, CEO of Roig Construccions.

"From the point of view of the policies that are being implemented, rehabilitation is one of the main engines that can drive economic recovery at this time, whose central figure is the Rehabilitation Agent, which encourages the rehabilitation of buildings with efficiency, legal certainty, transparency and solvency," says Roig.

Aid for housing renovation with a focus on sustainability

The government's plans include the implementation of rehabilitation subsidies of between 35% and 100% of the cost of the works. 70% of these funds will be allocated to housing, while the remaining 30% will be devoted to the improvement of public buildings.

In housing, the plan will focus on the implementation of solar panels in residential buildings and the refurbishment of dwellings to improve energy efficiency.

These aids undoubtedly represent a great opportunity for the entire value chain of a building. In this way, "being part of the CSIM makes perfect sense if we consider the important creation of synergies that will drive the transformation of the sector, allowing us to offer a comprehensive customer service and a renewed, sustainable and efficient building stock", concludes Roig.